|February 25, 2009||Posted by admin under Uncategorized|
Florida Agriculture Trivia Contest
Hey everyone, we are kicking off a new contest! It’s a series of Florida Agriculture Trivia questions. I hope you decide to participate.
The first person to comment on this entry with the correct answer wins a Fresh from Florida hat of their choice and a t-shirt! Keep reading for the first question.
Just a few rules and information first:
- You only get one guess per question.
- We will give you a new question shortly after someone answers this one and so on.
- You must include a valid email address so we can contact you if you win. Be sure to put it in the “Mail” field when you comment.
- You can only win one time in a 30 day period.
- FDACS employees are ineligible to win any prizes.
- The first person to reply to the question with the correct answer wins the prize.
- We will give different prizes for each question.
- Every answer can be found on our website, www.Florida-Agriculture.com, or on www.Florida-Seafood.com.
- Contact me if you have any questions! firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready for the first Florida agriculture trivia question?
A medium one has almost 400 mg of potassium and 2,364 IU of Vitamin A. It’s a member of the Solanaceae family, related to potatoes, eggplants and peppers. Native to South America, they are grown in north, central and south Florida and are available from September through June. In 2007, Florida accounted for 36% of the total U.S. value of production for them. Florida cash receipts for this crop totaled over half a billion dollars in 2006. What is this Florida commodity?
2/25/09 1:16 p.m: Update! This one has already been solved. It’s a Florida tomato! Check back later this week for the next question.