Florida Farmer’s Market at Epcot
|May 28, 2009||Posted by admin under FAPC, Farms, Horticulture, Produce, Uncategorized|
If you’ve never been to the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, you still have a few days to catch this year’s event before May 31, its final day. It is filled with gorgeous flowers, inspiring gardens and lots of fun activities.
On Mother’s Day weekend, I worked at the Festival in the Celebrate! A Florida Farmer’s Market exhibit. There were a handful of Florida growers who spent the weekend showcasing the different products they grow. What an amazing group of farmers! We had a great time talking with Epcot guests, cast members, guest speakers and Master Gardeners. Every day I just kept saying “What a GREAT day at work!”
The farms/growers who participated and what they produce are:
- Ecoturf Sod – perennial peanut sod/groundcover
- Erickson Farm – tropical fruits, vegetables
- Florida Nursery, Growers and Landscape Association – the name says it all!
- Florida Peanut Producers Association – peanuts
- Hydro Harvest Farms – hydroponic vegetables, fruits and herbs and U-Pick operation
- Kumquat Growers – fresh kumquats and kumquat products
- Segrest Farms – aquatic plants and tropical fish
- Verti-Gro – vertical growing/hydroponic growing systems
Check out the websites and I’ll add pictures of the different growers in another post.