Florida Ag Recap Wk of Sept. 28 – Oct. 2
|October 2, 2009||Posted by admin under Agriculture, News|
You might have noticed last week Sarah posted a recap of all our Twitter updates for the week. We’re going to start doing this each week. It’s a great way to put all of our Florida agriculture related news in one place for easy reading.
This week in Florida Ag (via our Twitter page @freshfromFL)
- Farmer’s Markets galore opening up around the state! Wildwood, Lakeland, Ormond Beach and Cape Coral.
- Interest in farmers markets growing.
- Del Monte Fresh Produce starts testing “healthy” snack machines with fruits & veggies in them.
- Localdirt.com receives award. Great website for connecting consumers and farmers.
- Florida lobster is in season and going strong!
- Funds available to assist Florida restaurants and seafood markets that advertise Florida lobster.
- FFVA honors Florida retailer, Sweetbay, for it’s support of Florida produce.
- CDC Report Summarizes Fruit & Veg Consumption Data by State.
- Karen Russi from Volusia County named National 4-H Volunteer of the Year.
- Woman farmers are becoming a more dominant force in South Florida farms.
- United Fresh Applauds National Rollout of Fruits and Vegetables in WIC Program.
- Photo gallery of Florida 4-H over the past 100 years.
- Want to cut your grocery bills in half? Florida’s Dairy Farmers’ contest can help.
- Mighty Mullet Maritime Festival is Sat, Oct. 3. Our own Chef Justin will be there doing demos!