Florida Ag Recap, Wk of Nov 16-20
|November 20, 2009||Posted by admin under News|
What’s going on this week in Florida agriculture (from our twitter)
- We now have over 1,300 followers on twitter!
- Hendry is one of FL’s largest agricultural counties. Their 28th Annual Farm Tour will have a lot to see!
- This week’s Commissioner’s Spotlight is on Farm-City Week!
- Florida Stone Crab Season is Here (via @DCstonecrabs)
- Nominations for Volunteer of the Year and Outstanding Lifetime Volunteer awards are due in December. Ask your county 4-H agent for more info. (Via@Florida4H)
- Operation Cleansweep will give farmers & others the chance to safely dispose of pesticides
- @mango_lime has starting compiling a list of South Florida Seasonal Farmers Markets
- Florida seafood available this week: Red & black grouper, spiny lobster, red snapper, stone crab and Gulf brown shrimp
- The Florida Wildflower Foundation is looking for a contractor (via @flawildflowers)
- Commissioner Bronson urges everyone to keep these few food safety tips in mind during the holidays.
- Don’t forget to RSVP for our “Freshgiving” event in Tallahassee happening Tues!