12 ways you may or may not have thought to eat strawberries.
|February 8, 2011||Posted by admin under Cooking, Produce, Recipes|
It’s prime strawberry season in Florida right now so it got me thinking. There are the typical ways you eat strawberries: dipped in chocolate, strawberry shortcake, just as is, in a smoothie… those are all so… boring.
I thought it’d be fun to do a little search to see how many different (alright weird) ways I could find to eat strawberries and boy did I find some ‘unique’ ones.
1. Strawberry Nachos – Believe it or not this one is more popular than I thought, there are a lot of variations of strawberry nacho recipes.
2. Strawberry Rice Pudding – This one made me a little nauseous feeling, but that’s only because I don’t like rice pudding. If you do, this might be just the treat for you.
3. Strawberry Butter – I’ve had this before, it’s delicious on toast. Not even going to lie. And you know if Martha Stewart makes it, even better.
4. Strawberry Brownies – I am in no way saying this recipe is even remotely healthy, but it looks GOOD.
5. Strawberry Pizza – This is a dessert pizza. At first I thought it might be something else then I realized there is no way a strawberry pizza could be made savory.
6. Strawberry Tapioca – Much like the Strawberry Rice Pudding recipe, this one also makes me feel a little sick but I don’t like tapioca. But I know a lot of people who do, so this one could be quite tasty!
7. Strawberry Soup – Our own blogger, Sarah, made this herself a couple years ago and blogged about it for us. She definitely enjoyed it.
8. Strawberry Salsa – This recipe just looks so good. Makes me ready for spring!
9. Strawberry Bruschetta – This recipe is from Giada on the Food Network so you know it’s going to be good. Nuff said.
10. Strawberry Mint Spring Rolls – I think these could potentially be very good. You can never go wrong with cream cheese.
11. Strawberry Panini – I like paninis, you know with turkey, cheese, etc. But strawberries? Our Chef Justin made this one and it is definitely different.
12. Strawberry Pretzel Dessert – This one takes the cake for the most ‘unique’ recipe. I would have never thought to combine strawberries and pretzels, ever.
Have you tried any of these before? Do you have some ‘unique’ recipes of your own you’d like to share? Let me know in the comments below!