6 Way To Eat Watermelon
|May 18, 2011||Posted by admin under Cooking, Produce, Recipes|
Florida watermelon season is basically here – and to me there isn’t a better
time of the year. Fresh watermelon just reminds me of summer. Add a dash of salt to it, and it’s even better. Some people tell me I’m crazy for adding salt to my watermelon, but it makes it tastes delicious that way!
That got me thinking about other types of ways to eat watermelon… that might not be so common.
1. As a drink. I’m not sure if I’ve ever had a watermelon flavored drink… but I found a recipe called Watermelon Agua Fresca which does sound very refreshing. The remaining recipes I found all usually contained some type of alcohol in them.
2. In a soup. I’m not sure how I feel about a soupy watermelon dish but here are a couple recipes I found including a Chilled Watermelon Soup and a Tomato-Watermelon Soup. I also found one for a Watermelon Gazpacho if that is something you like.
3. As a sandwich. Chef Justin created a recipe for Open Face Watermelon Sandwiches. And I have to say, at first glance of the recipe, I was a little unsure but I actually tried the sandwiches, and they were delicious!
5. In a milkshake. I may have to try making a watermelon milkshake this summer. I came across this recipe and it seems to be about as easy as it can get. Plus it has a pretty picture which always sells me.
6. As a pie. I’ve never had watermelon pie before but I could possibly want to give this a try. This recipe for a Creamy Watermelon Pie is probably as very unhealthy with all the cream and sugar being added, but I’m sure it’s good. However, this Watermelon Pie recipe seems to be a bit more on the healthier side if that’s what you’re looking for.
What’s your favorite way to eat watermelon?