Recipe a Day for May: Asian Style Snap Beans
|May 21, 2012||Posted by Sarah under Cooking, Produce, Recipes|
Today’s recipe features a super easy way to add a little spice to your snap beans!
Yield 4 to 6 Servings
- 1 pound fresh Florida green beans
- 1/4 cup of your favorite Asian sauce (spicy or sweet)
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger root or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (black or white, toasted)
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Cook green beans in a large pot of lightly salted water until desired tenderness (about 4 minutes). Drain beans and place in a mixing bowl. Toss hot beans with sauce, ginger and sesame seeds, stir well. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve warm.