Recipe a Day for May: Firecracker Salad
|May 17, 2012||Posted by Sarah under Cooking, Recipes|
Have you ever had a radish? They are great in salads! They have a unique spice… a crispy kick, if you will. I typically see a sliver of radish in run of the mill garden salads. Boring! That’s not using the radish to its full potential. Here’s a salad recipe where radishes shine!
Yield 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Florida honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 cups fresh Florida corn kernels (from 4 ears)
- 6 medium Florida radishes, halved and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup fresh Florida flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
To make the dressing, purée the lime juice, jalapeño, honey and cumin in a blender. With the machine on, add the oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside. In a large bowl, toss the corn with the radishes, parsley, red onion and dressing. Season the salad with salt and pepper, transfer to plates and serve.
One serving contains the following: Calories 231; Total Fat 14g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 126mg; Total Carbohydrates 28g; Protein 4g. Cholesterol Free, High in Vitamin C.