Recipe a Day for May: Zucchini and Tomatoes with Edamame
|May 3, 2012||Posted by Sarah under Cooking, Recipes|
Have you ever tried edamame? It is not a Florida bean (that I know of) but it is so good. It’s one of those things that I had never had until I was an adult, but I love them. This is a great recipe to try if you are an edamame lover like me (or even if it’s your first time)!
Zucchini and Tomatoes with Edamame
- 1 large Florida zucchini, diced into medium-sized pieces
- 2 medium Florida tomatoes, diced into medium-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh Florida basil leaves, hand-torn
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup shelled edamame, thawed
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
In medium-sized saucepan, heat 1 cup of lightly salted water to a boil. Add zucchini and edamame; simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until desired tenderness. Completely drain vegetables and return to saucepan. Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese. Cook and stir 1 minute or until heated thoroughly. Serve warm in a dish or on plates and garnish with cheese.