Mangoes, mangoes, mangoes!
|July 13, 2012||Posted by Kechia under Agriculture, FAPC, Produce|
The mango harvesting is on the way at The Old Pineland Mango Grove, Pineland, FL. Some of the mango varieties are the Smith and the Kent; both are Haden “offspring”. They also have Zills and a sprinkling of others.
Mango fruit is a nutritionally rich fruit with unique flavor, fragrance, taste, and heath promoting qualities making it a common ingredient in new functional foods often called “super fruits”.
Health benefits of Mangoes:
- Mango fruit is rich in pre-biotic dietary fiber, vitamins, minerals
- Mango fruit has been found to protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers.
- Mango fruit is an excellent source of Vitamin-A
- Fresh mango is a very rich source of potassium.
- It is also a very good source of vitamin-B6, vitamin-C and vitamin-E.
If you are in the Fort Myers area, visit http://promisedlandmangoes.com/ for directions to the Sapp’s roadside produce stand.