2012-2013 Florida FFA Officers
|September 5, 2012||Posted by Erica under Events, Kids|
On June 29, 2012 the Florida FFA Association elected the new team of State FFA Officers which will lead the organization throughout the 2012-2013 year. The state officer team will represent the more than 16,000 Florida FFA members from over 300 chapters as they work to promote Florida agriculture and agriculture education at home and around the world.
The slate of candidates for state office was selected in April at the Leadership Training Center in Haines City. Members went through a rigorous screening process that included personal interviews, knowledge exams and presentations. The candidates selected to run then went on to campaign for election at the State FFA Convention held in Orlando, June 25-29.
Those selected to lead the Florida FFA Association as State Officers for the 2012-2013 year are:
- President: Clayton Willis, South Lake
- Secretary: Matthew Cantrell, Baker County
- Area I Vice President: Shelby Calloway, Malone
- Area II Vice President: Sarah Trimm, Bronson
- Area III Vice President: Justin Watson, Pine Ridge
- Area IV Vice President: Katie Hutchinson, West Orange
- Area V Vice President: David Walden, Durant
- Area VI Vice President: Ashley Hassan, Okeechobee
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Consumers is a proud sponsor of Florida FFA and offers many opportunities for members including departmental experiences, scholarships, award recognition and teacher development.
As the State Officers begin their year they will participate in a weeklong experience with FDACS to learn more about Florida agriculture and the important role FDACS plays in the industry.
For more information about Florida FFA, visit www.flaffa.org.