Florida Corn, Tomato and Avocado Salsa Brings Fresh Flavor
|April 29, 2013||Posted by Melissa under Cooking, Healthy Eating, Produce, Recipes|
As promised in last week’s post about the Sweet Corn Fiesta, we wanted to share this delicious, fresh salsa recipe. It combines Florida corn, tomatoes, avocados, bell peppers, onions, and a few other tasty ingredients. It’s fast and easy, and is a great way to use market fresh produce.
• 4 ears corn, roasted and kernels removed from the cob
• 2 large tomatoes, diced
• 1 large avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
• 1/2 cup red onion, chopped fine
• 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped fine
• 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, hand torn
• 1 lime, juiced (plus more if desired)
• 1 teaspoon powdered cumin
• your favorite hot sauce (for heat)
• sea salt to taste
• fresh ground pepper to taste
1. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
2. Stir to combine.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper and hot sauce.