The Thrill of the Florida Grill – Grilled Florida Peach Salad with Candied Pecans
|May 8, 2013||Posted by Melissa under Cooking, Produce, Recipes|
Since Memorial Day is the gateway to summer and it falls in the month of May, we thought that it would be fun to spotlight some great ways to grill Florida foods. We’re kicking it off with this delectable Grilled Florida Peach Salad with Candied Pecans. Grilling the peaches caramelizes them, bringing out even more sweetness. Yum!
• 4 large peaches
• 4 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 lemon, juiced
• 2 tablespoons flavored vinegar
• kosher salt to taste
• freshly ground pepper to taste
• 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
• 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
• 1 tablespoon natural sugar
• 1 pinch cayenne pepper
• 2 heads romaine lettuce
1. Preheat grill or a grill pan over medium-high heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Cut peaches into six slices each; discard pits. Cook peach slices until grill marks appear (no need to completely cook peaches). Remove from grill and let cool at room temperature.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Heat a medium-sized pan over medium-high heat. Add butter, pecans, sugar and cayenne pepper. Cook while stirring constantly until sugar dissolves and turns golden brown. Remove pecans from heat and cool to room temperature.
4. Slice both heads of romaine into six sections. Place lettuce and peaches on plate and top with dressing and candied pecans. Serve immediately.