The Thrill of the Florida Grill – Mahi with Key Lime
|May 10, 2013||Posted by Melissa under Cooking, Healthy Eating, Recipes, Seafood|
Warm days and sea breezes evoke thoughts of the tropics. Even if we can’t be transported to far-off locales, we can indulge in delicious and healthy foods from Florida. Our Grilled Mahi with Key Lime is one of those dishes. Simple and fresh ingredients combine to create a bright burst of flavor.
• 4 (6-ounce) mahi fillets
• 1/2 cup Key lime juice
• 2 key limes, zested
• 2 tablespoons dry white wine
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, course ground
• vegetable cooking spray
• fresh herbs for garnish
• Key lime slices for garnish
1. Place the fillets in a shallow dish. To prepare the citrus marinade, combine the Key lime juice, zest, olive oil, white wine, herbs and black pepper in a small bowl; mix well.
2. Pour the marinade over the fish and marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator. Coat grill with vegetable spray and preheat on medium-high heat.
3. Grill fillets for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until center is opaque and meat flakes easily with a fork. Garnish with herbs and Key lime slices and serve.