The Salad Days of Summer – Firecracker Salad
|July 30, 2013||Posted by Melissa under Cooking, Healthy Eating, Produce, Recipes|
The sizzle of the summer heat deserves a spicy salad, and we have that in Firecracker Salad. It’s cool and crisp with the kick of a jalapeño-infused dressing.
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 1 small jalapeño, seeded and coarsely chopped
• 1 1/2 teaspoons Florida honey
• 1/4 teaspoon cumin
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
• 4 cups fresh Florida corn kernels (from 4 ears), roasted
• 6 medium Florida radishes, halved and thinly sliced crosswise
• 1/2 cup fresh Florida flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
• 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
• Florida arugula, rinsed and dried
1. To make the dressing, purée the lime juice, jalapeño, honey and cumin in a blender. With the machine on, add the oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, toss the corn with the radishes, parsley, red onion and dressing. Season the salad with salt and pepper.
3. Arrange arugula on plate, top with salad and serve.
We’ve enjoyed sharing some of our favorite salad recipes with you during our Salad Days of Summer blog mini-series. What is your favorite way to prepare salad?