Florida Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie – Bring on the Cold
|December 10, 2013||Posted by Melissa under Cooking, Nutrition, Produce, Recipes|
While most of the United States is experiencing cold or very cold weather, Florida temperatures will hit the mid-80s today. For those of us who enjoy cooler December weather, here’s a delicious way to cool things down – by making a Florida Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie.
• 2 cups fresh Florida strawberries
• 1 cup low-fat milk
• 2 cups vanilla frozen low-fat yogurt
• 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup (or to taste)
• 8 ice cubes
• Wash and hull strawberries. Place in blender with half of milk. Make sure lid is on tight.
• Blend berries with milk on high speed until smooth. Add frozen yogurt, remaining milk, chocolate syrup and ice cubes and continue to blend until smooth and creamy.
• Serve immediately. Pour any leftovers into an ice cube tray and freeze for later use.
We hope that you enjoy it as much as we do!