Strawberry Brie is a Festive Snack
|December 18, 2013||Posted by Melissa under Cooking, Produce, Recipes|
Strawberries are in season, and they pair deliciously well with rich cheese. This Strawberry Brie recipe from our Savory Socials booklet combines sweet, tangy, creamy, and crunchy. If you are looking for something to take to those holiday parties, this dish will delight!
• 1 (6-inch) brie cheese wheel
• 3 tablespoons Florida strawberry jam or preserves
• 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
• 1 cup Florida strawberries, chopped
• 1/2 cup Florida pecans, chopped
• ¼ cup fresh Florida mint leaves, chopped
• Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
• In a small sauce pot, cook jam and vinegar over medium heat until bubbly.
• Place brie on an oven-safe serving platter or dish. Place chopped strawberries and pecans on top of brie wheel. Cover with jam mixture.
• Bake brie wheel until it is warm and soft, about 15 minutes. Garnish with chopped mint leaves. Serve immediately with crackers or crusty bread.