Celebrate National Cheesecake Day with Florida Citrus
|July 29, 2014||Posted by Melissa under Cooking, Recipes|
Cheesecake is one of my favorite foods of all time, so imagine how happy I am on National Cheesecake Day! July 30 is the day that we can all celebrate this great dessert. What better way than with a delicious recipe?!
Our friends at the Florida Department of Citrus have this amazing New York Chocolate-Florida Orange Cheesecake recipe, and I’m so excited to share it with you!
1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
¾ cup salted butter, melted
1 ¾ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream, chilled
12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
¾ cup sugar
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 tablespoons Florida orange juice
2 teaspoons orange zest, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup Florida orange segments, seeded
Shaved chocolate, for garnish
• Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in bowl; mix well. Press mixture into bottom of springform pan or 12-inch pie pan. Refrigerate.
• Melt chocolate in microwave-safe bowl at medium-high power level for 30 seconds at a time, stirring frequently, until melted. Cool.
• In clean mixing bowl, whip heavy cream to stiff peaks; chill.
• Combine cream cheese, sugar and unsalted butter in mixing bowl; beat with mixer on medium speed until blended and smooth. Turn mixer down to low speed; mix in melted chocolate, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla extract and salt.
• Gently fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Pour mixture on top of prepared graham cracker crust. Refrigerate for at least 1½ hours or preferably overnight. Garnish with fresh orange segments and shaved chocolate.