Calling All Kid Chefs!
|August 25, 2014||Posted by Fresh from Florida under Agriculture, Cooking, Events, Healthy Eating, Kids, Nutrition, Produce, Recipes, Uncategorized|
The Division of Food, Nutrition and Wellness is searching for Student Chef Ambassadors to represent Florida during the 2014-2015 school year. The division will be hosting several regional “Fresh for Florida Kids” Cook-Offs beginning this fall. Florida students in grades 4th -12th are eligible to participate.
In order to enter the contest, a student must submit an original snack recipe that includes a photo and meets the following criteria:
• Contains at least one fresh fruit or fresh vegetable
• Has clear directions and makes 4 snack servings
• Can be prepared in 45 minutes or less
• Is creative and original in nature
• Has readily-available ingredients (those that can be purchased at a typical supermarket)
• Promotes good nutrition/is healthy
Recipes must be submitted here
Enter-Online before September 15th, 2014. Recipes will then be reviewed and judged. Three recipes per grade category will be selected, and those students will be asked to participate in a regional cook-off held at select Publix Apron Cooking Schools. At the Cook-Off contestants will recreate their snack recipe in front of a panel of local celebrity judges. The grade categories that students will be competing in are: 4th-5th; 6th-8th; 9th-12th
Each student selected to participate in the regional cook-offs will win a prize.
• First place winners will receive the title of their region’s “Student Chef Ambassador,” a certificate for a Publix Aprons Cooking School class and a $100 gift card to Sports Authority.
• Second place winners will receive a certificate for a Publix Aprons Cooking School class and a $75 gift card to Sports Authority.
• Third place winners will receive a certificate for a Publix Aprons Cooking School class and a $50 gift card to Sports Authority!
• Also – all regional cook-off contestants will also receive a $50 gift card to help cover their food and transportation costs.
Locations/Dates of Regional Cook-Offs:
• Tampa: Central/West – September 27, 2014
• Tallahassee: Northwest – October 11, 2014
• Jacksonville: Northeast – October 25, 2014
• Miami: South – November 1, 2014
• Orlando: Central – November 15, 2014