|August 6, 2014||Posted by Melissa under Cooking, Produce, Recipes|
With Florida mango season in full swing, we love to incorporate mangoes into sweet and savory dishes. This recipe for mango enchiladas is a great dessert that tastes like it’s for a special occasion, but is easy enough to make any day of the week.
• 3 mangoes, peeled and sliced
• 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/3 cup margarine
• 1/2 cup natural sugar
• 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sauté mangoes with 1 teaspoon of butter until almost soft.
3. Spoon mangoes evenly onto tortillas, sprinkle with cinnamon.
4. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down on lightly greased 8×8-inch baking pan.
5. Bring margarine, sugars and water to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
6. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
7. Pour sauce evenly over tortillas; sprinkle with extra cinnamon on top if desired.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
9. Serve with ice cream if desired.