Southern U.S. Trade Association to Sponsor Webinars for Florida Agribusinesses
The Southern U.S. Trade Association (SUSTA), a regional trade group of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, will host webinars in July, August and September to discuss available resources in place to assist Florida agribusinesses in their export endeavors. The webinars will focus on SUSTA’s Market Access Program (MAP) initiatives.
The MAP Branded initiative provides reimbursement to Southern U.S. agribusinesses for their export marketing expenses. According to the SUSTA MAP Branded manual, in order to participate companies must:
- Be a small business, following the Small Business Administration standards, or be a farm cooperative.
- Export a product that is at least 50 percent U.S. agricultural origin by weight.
- Be able to provide an uninterrupted supply to international buyers.
- Label the product as “Made in the USA” or some variation (including the Fresh From Florida logos).
Eligible expenses under MAP Branded include label translation and reprinting, advertising costs, some travel and shipping costs to international trade events, and promotional gift items. For more information about MAP Branded, log on to www.susta.org/services/map.html.
MAP Generic includes activities like trade events, market research, seminars and retail promotions. Eligible companies are able to reach an international audience under the SUSTA umbrella, often times paying a reduced price to participate in events and activities. For a list of upcoming events, log on to http://directory.susta.org/events.
The webinars will feature live discussions and question/answer time, and are free to Florida agribusinesses. They are scheduled for the following dates and times:
- July 26 – 2:00pm Eastern/1:00pm Central
- August 23 – 11:00am Eastern/10:00am Central
- September 10 – 2:00pm Eastern/1:00pm Central
For more information and to register for a webinar (note that the same content will be covered in each session, so it is not necessary to register for all three), contact Melissa Hunt at Melissa.Hunt@FreshFromFlorida.com or 407-302-1056.